Monday 23 January 2012

eBooks continued

Tried the downloading process at home......
Opened ebrary, selected book, downloaded to adobe digital editions, downloaded BlueFire Reader App to iPhone, opened iTunes, selected BlueFireReader App in iTunes, add new, find eBook in Digital Editions folder on computer, add - opened BlueFireReader App on iPhone, opened........eBook is there but won't open
(It's under the error message)
Don't know why it won't open unless it is because we get our ebrary books through Athens rather than direct.
I can get this screen below but don't have any details to submit to it.  Tried selecting Read but still get error.  It does say though that the Last read date is 01/01/1970 - why would it say that.


I also discovered today that there is an ebrary app - it's only just come out last week I think.  But when I sign in with my Athens account which I presumed was the same as the ebrary account I get an error - unable to find user name.  There is an option to sign in with Facebook - not sure how this would work as there is no connection between my Facebook details and ebrary / athens details.  Students would not have the same email address either. Unsurprisingly it didn't work.  The challenge continues.....


No comments:

Post a Comment